Pages

Saturday, July 18, 2009

# 6 - WORK improvement - Opportunity Windows

Grab An Opportunity Once You See It !

I was never much of an opportunist. The term itself was so strange for me. Even when I got to know what it means, I always thought that an opportunist is an evil man.

Now I beg to differ.

Why? Because by being an opportunist you are already one step ahead of your competitor. By being one step ahead means that you are one step closer to win the battle - whatever battle it may be.

For example, I encountered one problem yesterday, related to a colleague of mine. The problem was quite big, but I also saw an opportunity if I can solve the problem.

So I proposed a solution to the affected party and the solution will surely benefit both of us, i.e. a win-win situation! The person agreed to my proposal and hence his problem is solved and I had managed to turn a problem into an opportunity and then into victory!

So my best achievement today is grabbing an opportunity when it was presented to me. I like it and I'll make sure not to let any future opportunities be wasted like it used to be.

No comments: